February 8, 2015

How to create a Mono-Color Outfit?

DSC02358redma

There are some opinions that wearing a mono-color outfits is very boring, blank and unstylish. In my opinion is not about the colors, it's about the shapes, textures and of course, an attitude.

DSC02325redma
In only this photo I wear a fur vest which is very practical and fancy-looking in winter. I wanted no to freeze and match different layers.


Creating a mono color outfit is not very simple as it looks from the first sight. Sometimes it happens accidentally and perfectly, but sometimes it makes to work a little bit harder to have a flawless outfit.

Style: try to stay to one style. Afterwards you can see yourself in a mirror as a funny hipsterish person with sweatpants, beanie, formal jacket and cowboy boots. That is not a good match.

Shapes and sizes: make sure that all clothes fit and suit to you. It's very important because from the first sight it might look suitable but in photos you can see not a very sweet truth.

 Textures: combine a few different textures. For example: cotton + woolen (so simple but never disappoints).

Brands: even it's mono-color, it doesn't mean that it should be mono-brand.

Shades: try to match different shades of that particular color - from light to dark...


DSC02363redma



In my case I've chosen icy baby blue color which looks so pretty especially in winter! Also, I have taken with me a dark green backpack and a dark blue sweater. Those colors match with icy blue and the backpack adds an eclectic accent to the look of its simplicity and old-school style.

When I was in a restaurant, I had my dark blue sweater on. This blue is also blue despite the fact that it's dark one. Also I was wearing a blueish grey bracelet with pearls that I have created by myself.

DSC02467red


***
Coat: Zara
Jeans: Zara
Blouse: Zara
(omg, is everything from zara???)
Backpack: Ecco
Earrings: Swarovski
Dark blue sweater: George


DSC02312redma

Get this look for $53+ on Lookastic: Light Blue Coat, Light Blue Jeans, Light Blue Button Down Blouse, and Dark Green Backpack

4 comments: